Monday, April 4, 2011

Raw/Vegan corn chips! Mmmmmm.....

Raw Vegan Corn Chips
This recipe is from the  book "Eating Without Heating" by Sergei & Valya Boutenko pg.99
(Julie's notes are in parenthesis)

(These are very tasty & travel well--especially to your favorite Mexican restaurant)

4 c. corn (I use frozen corn, thawed)
1/4 c. olive oil (I've also used coconut oil, liquified)
1/2 c. water
1/2 tsp. salt (pink Himalayan salt is my favorite)
1/2 c. ground flax seeds (grind in coffee grinder or food processor)
2 chili peppers (I found this too spicy for me! I used 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded)
1 T. honey (I used agave nectar)
1 bunch cilantro
1/2 tsp. ground cumin (opt.)(cumin is my own addition)

Blend (or food process) all but flax; mixture will be somewhat thick. Add flax to thicken while blender (or food processor) is running. Spread on Teflex dehydrator sheets. (Dip your spatula in water to make spreading easier). (At this point I like to score them with the spatula instead of later and sprinkle the top with salt, or Herbamare seasoning or whatever strikes your fancy). Turn over and mark in triangles after a few hours. Dehydrate (105F) until crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment